Flavor Questions Answered (FQA) is just our fun little version of FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions. Hope this helps and thank you for you support of The Flavor Run™
The Flavor Run's Mission is to support local charities and local businesses through creating a unique fun run engaging all of your senses; sight, smell, touch, hearing, and TASTE.
Did you know all of our powder is MADE IN THE USA?! We are not your ordinary "color run" - Yes, the celebration color powder at The Flavor Run™ is fruit flavored! Banana, orange, strawberry, grape, watermelon, and blueberry!! Our Flavor Food Labs has concocted a 100% safe, FDA Approved, delicious color powder that is FLAVORED. It doesn't make your mouth feel like you just ate a handful of sand.... It smells delicious and tastes pretty good!The true Flavor of the run comes from the taste of fruit at the Finish Line.
3. Do I need to be a fast super athlete/runner/polevaulter to do this?Absolutely not! All ages and all skill levels are welcome and encouraged to join You can run, walk, talk, skip, stroll, jump rope, side step, or dance the whole 5k J Strollers and wheelchairs are obviously welcome as well!
4. What should I remember about making my own TEAM?Well this is easy and super awesome - Join or Create a Team of three or more awesome friends and save $5 per person! (but please remember that starting a team does not guarantee a spot for your other members.) So get them to sign up ASAP. NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING? - All you have to do is go to the Eventbrite Website
Login to your account and click "My Events". Look on the left hand side to "Invite Others", "Email your team", or "Register other members".
Note: Remember that kids 6 & under run/walk for FREE! All you need to do is fill out a Under 18 Waiver. Waivers may be signed online (see bullet #9), at Packet Pick-Up, or on Race Day.
5. What is included with my The Flavor Run™ Ticket?Lots of awesome Flavor Swag! Each Flavor City may differ a bit - You’ll get the following (and maybe some surprise extras!): Commemorative Flavor Shirt, Flavor Tattoo, Flavor Race Bib, Flavor Color Packet, Flavor sponsor Swag, and finally a FLAVOR MEDAL!
All participants who purchase any entry will receive a medal at the Finish Line. You MUST have a Flavor Bib on!
6. How does the Flavor Run support their Charity Partners?The Flavor Run is a for-profit organization that partners with with various local children’s charities for each event. Because we want our charity partners to experience all of the awesomeness of the Flavor Run, we provide each charity with complimentary and discounted tickets to share with all charity members/friends/families/etc. Charities have the option of setting up a booth at the post run festival to greet race participants and educate the community about their organization and mission.
Our monetary support to charity partners is primarily based on volunteer participation and ticket sales. For every volunteer the charity brings to the Flavor Run, we donate a monetary amount, based on a sliding fee scale (the more volunteers = the more Flavor Run donates per volunteer!). We also donate for every ticket purchased using the charity discounted rate.
Lastly, the Flavor Run donates a portion of their proceeds from the event to our charity partner. This amount varies per event and is dependent on many factors including, but not limited to number of participants and event location (i.e. we want donate as much as we can to our charity partners, but we also need to consider the costs associated with organizing the race and paying our staff for all of their hard work.
7. Can I RUN/WALK with a jogging stroller and my kids?Yes! Of course!
8. Can I run with my pup/dog/cat/iguana/snake?As it turns out, due to our pesky lawyers and insurance agents, NO dogs nor any other pet friends will be allowed at any Flavor Run™ event. We still love your pups/animals though!
9. Is there an age limit for younger runners?No age limits...everyone can participate! Flavor Kids 6 years old and under run/walk for free. Flavor Kids are not required to register, but must have an Under 18 Waiver signed for them by a parent/legal guardian. Waivers may be signed online -OR- when you pick up your race packet.
To sign the Flavor Kids Waiver online:
1.Go to the Flavor Locations web page and select “Buy Tickets Now”
2.Flavor Kids may be signed up as individuals or on teams.
3.Select the Flavor Kids Waiver (6 yrs & under) (Free) and fill out all information.
If you’d like your Flavor Kid to have some sweet Flavor Run Swag, you may purchase the Kid’s (6 yrs & under) Combo Pack (race bib, flavor Packet, tattoo, & finishers medal) for $10 at the Flavor Store.
10. Is there a packet pickup for the event? How does all that work?Yes. Each Flavor City has a different location to pick-up all your race swag! Approx 1-2 weeks prior to the race, we will email you the Delicious Race Doc and Packet Pickup information! You will WANT to pick up before race day to avoid any waiting in lines!
11. What do I need to bring with me to pick up my Race Packet and Flavor Swag?
Three Ways to find your Eventbrite Flavor Run ticket with barcode:
-In your confirmation email (show us the barcode on your smart phone!)
-In your Eventbrite account (sign on and select “My Tickets”)
-In your Eventbrite App (download here: https://www.eventbrite.com/eventbriteapp
12. Can someone else pick up my packet for me?Yes of course! We are not stingy – Have your awesome friend fill out the Flavor Friend Pick-Up Waiver and bring a copy (or photo on your phone) of their driver’s licence (or Gov’t ID). You can use the link above or find it under "Packet Pickup" on your city location page.
13. What should I wear to the Flavor Run 5k?We recommend wearing your most comfortable ALL WHITE running clothes. The Flavor Run shirt you get with your entry will NOT be white, but we will have Flavor Run white shirts for sale on the day of the race. WARNING: DO NOT WEAR YOUR BIRTHDAY SUIT
14. Will the Flavor Powder ruin my super awesome white running attire?The Flavor Powder will mostly come out of your clothing and shoes. Washing your Flavored Clothes as soon as possible is recommended. We have heard that Oxiclean does a heck of a job getting the Flavor out. If you would like to preserve your awesome Flavored Shirt, spray it with vinegar & iron it. Or just google "How to get color powder out of my clothes"
15. Do the “Flavor Stations” affect vision? Or breathing?The Flavor Stations will have volunteers (Flavorteers) who will be tossing food grade flavored corn starch (100% FDA Approved and SAFE) on you as you walk/run/stroll by. As with any substance, you will want to keep it out of your eyes. Sunglasses, goggles, bandanas, or masks are some items that you can choose to bring at your own discretion. All Flavorteers will be trained and instructed to not aim for your face.
16. How can my friends and I be Volunteers?We LOVE volunteers - Visit your city and click on the "Volunteer Tab" to get signed up. Thanks!
17. Will the Flavor Color Powder get in my car?Maybe is the honest answer to that, but your car will smell delicious... But on a serious note, we recommend bringing some towels for the inside of your cars, just in case.
18. Are cameras and phones safe to have at the run and flavor stations?We will have Flavor Photographers on site shooting some great pics. If you want to get shots yourself during the run, we recommend covering cameras/phones in a ziploc baggie.
19. Are there refunds? What happens if weather is bad?Due to each Flavor Event being a "Live" event, we have to pay our vendors no matter what. This is the reason we can not do refunds if the race continues as planned (with or without delay).
As it turns out, this matter became a sensitive subject due to a number of inexperienced race organizers, and it is our duty to respond accordingly.
Safety & Reputation are top priorities for us. That being said, The Flavor Run will not "take your money and run". That is our guarantee. If the event is CANCELLED, then we will 100% REFUND participants.
If weather or safety is an issue, we will do everything in our flavor power to make sure the race goes on, but PLEASE review our "Weather Cancellation Policy"
Due to each Flavor Event being a "Live" event, we have to pay our vendors no matter what. This is the reason we can not do refunds if the race continues as planned (with or without delay).
PLEASE, go to our Facebook Page or google articles about us to verify that we are a genuine Fun Run and will treat participants who pay good money with respect. Thanks.
20. Is The Flavor Run™ timed?The Flavor Run™ 5k is not timed. In fact, take your time. This is a run/walk that is fun and enjoyable. The only Personal Record (PR) you will get in the Flavor Run will be MOST FUN AT A RACE AWARD.
21. What do we do after the 5k?The Flavor Run™ 5k is not just a race/run/walk, but it is a full experience. We will have food/beverage, a live entertainment, vendor booths, and other fun post race activities.
22. What the heck is a Flavor Fairy and Flavor Forest?Yes, you read correctly. Flavor Fairies. The Flavor Fairy program is for anyone who wants to dress up in your best fairy costume and throw Flavor Fairy Dust on runners/participants in the shade of the Flavor Forest.What is the Flavor Forest? Just one of the most awesome features of the Flavor Run. Depending on the venue, it clocks in at just over a kilometer of running through a shaded area of trees during the run The Flavor Forest will be a place of fun and excitement. Flavor Fairies will have full access to run around in dresses/tutus/wings/tiaras and sprinkle flavor on all participants. Space is always limited.
23. Is the flavored color powder made of Fun Dip or Pixie Stix?That would be amazing! But, no. The Flavor Celebration powder is basically corn starch with natural added flavor; banana, orange, strawberry, watermelon, grape, and blueberry. It is Gluten Free, non-allergenic, and 100% safe to consume. The powder does not taste as good as it smells, so we recommend not eating it by the handful. We are working on a Fundip/PixieStix creation and will keep you updated.
24. Can guys/boyfriends/husbands run/walk The Flavor Run™?By far one of the most funny questions we have gotten! Of course they can! The Flavor Run is a fun run/walk for EVERYONE. It will be a blast with food/beverage, live music, vendor tables/tents, and participants of all ages.